Sunday, April 20, 2014

Just a Little Update



I just haven’t been able to get around to posting lately. Life has been getting in the way. Last weekend, we had our semi-annual Park Wide Yard Sale in our senior mobile home community. When my “nephew” passed away on 2/1, I didn’t realize how much I depended on his legs, height and brawn. Plus, it was an extra pair of hands, arms and legs. After two days of hauling stuff around on the driveway, I was too out of it to do Sunday, too.

I’m happy to say I had the brains to use one of the dollies to haul the boxes of hard-back books out to the front end of the driveway instead of carrying them one by one.

However, the week just before the sale, just moving stuff around inside the house, lifting, bending, etc., and getting the stuff outside, I did something to my left leg muscle or whatever. Anyhow, I’ve been in pain for over two weeks.
 Yard sale weekend, I lived on meds. That is not my style. I never use them. Sunday morning, I switched to Tylenol Arthritis and then today, I went without anything. Sometimes the pain is brutal but it's not steady - just depends on how I move my various parts.

But my knee “bites” me off and on, and I can’t get comfy in bed because of it. Still, it’s much better than two weeks ago - that means it’s nothing that needs medical attention. I don’t have time for that right now.

With all the going in and out of the house, I decided to see how our little Silkie would handle some fresh air. She was a shelter cat and I have no knowledge of her background. Thankfully, she’s a little skittish. She did manage to come down the back steps a few times and walk around a few feet here and there. And when someone drove up, she skittered back up and inside and watched from the doorway. Not too bad, considering. And she loved the fresh air.

I have been so worried about finances. Yard sale weekend wasn’t bad but it sure wasn’t enough to cover my monthly short-fall. I will have this worry at least another 8 months. I’m trying now to sell off a few things on Craigslist. 

And I have to start marketing my Etsy shop a lot more. I am very lax in that area - I hate marketing (sigh).
Keeping you all in my heart and prayers..  

No comments: