Monday, February 24, 2014

One Explanation for Car Troubles, and More

The mechanic had me so worried about somebody possibly prowling outside around my car, that I "googled" the situation. Now I don't know what to do - gotta think on this.

In the web search, I found not one, but several mechanical issues that could place oil in that reservoir. It included things such as thin pipes leading from the engine to/from (?) the radiator, blown head gaskets, and more.

What I need to do now is think about this. Obviously my mechanic does not know enough to realize that the "several" cases he has seen are not related to vandalism, necessarily. So, I have to consider whether to go to someone else, or whether to tell me to "google" the situation (or print out what I found) and stick with him.

The other issue is whether I can keep affording to throw money into this car. If it's the engine, it's the replacement engine we got two years ago. It only had a limited guarantee, long expired, as a used engine. If I had the money and/or credit, I'd just get another car. No option here.

Yep, I've got a little thinking to do. However, it's better to know what I'm facing than to wonder if someone's out there prowling around.
  

No comments: