Sunday, December 1, 2013

Free Prayer Sunday - Concern About a Pet



  Anyone who has ever had a pet runs into moments when they are worried almost sick. Whether it's an illness, an accident, a pet-napping or any other reason, we feel helpless. I’ve used this for my own pet(s) at times, but I’ve also substituted the names of my loved ones and their pets, when they need special prayer.  It works both ways, and it makes me feel like I am doing something, at least, for the least of His creatures. This helps at those times when we feel completely unable to do anything but wait for an outcome.

I'm marching through my self-published Busy Person's Prayer Book, front to back. This prayer is from the category, Helping Others. Earlier, I posted 4 prayers from the Work category (about jobs, layoffs, etc.).

Concern About a Pet
Father, you love all creatures great and small
You entrusted this one to my care
Please send whatever help it needs
Please hear my heartfelt prayer.

Please do not pass it around without giving credit to the author (me) and where it was published - a line like this will do:   by Evelyn Mayfield, in the Busy  Person'sPrayer Book.
In the following weeks, we'll post more prayers in this category, including these:

When I’ve Promised to Pray for Someone
For the Terminally Ill

At the top of this page, simply click on Free Prayers what we've posted so far, or scroll down the right sidebar and click on that tag.
 

No comments: