Sunday, September 22, 2013

Free Prayer Sunday - Helping the Needy, Directly



Many people need so much help in the world today.  I’m ashamed to say that sometimes I’m too caught up in my own life and do not notice where I can be of help.  This prayer reminds me that God knows, more than I do, who I can assist.  He also knows in what way I can assist - financial, physical, prayer, referrals, whatever.

I'm marching through my self-published Busy Person's Prayer Book, front to back. This prayer is from the category, Helping Others. Earlier, I posted 4 prayers from the Work category (about jobs, layoffs, etc.).

Helping the Needy – Directly
Father, open up my eyes
So I may see those with needs
Enlighten me that I may know
How I may help with special deeds.

Please do not pass it around without giving credit to the author (me) and where it was published - a line like this will do:  by Evelyn Mayfield, in the Busy  Person's Prayer Book.

In the following weeks, we'll post more prayers in this category. At the top of this page, simply click on Free Prayers what we've posted so far, or scroll down the right sidebar and click on that tag.

No comments: