Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Next Leg of Life's Journey


Life has been a bit hectic these past couple of weeks. My nephew's unemployment totally phased out last week. At this point, we had hoped to have paid off all non-fixed expenses like the short term loans and so on. However, we couldn't anticipate several emergency expenses early this year: bearings for the car, dental extractions, and computer repairs including data recovery. For some folks, this is an inconvenience and a worry, but they have a savings account to fall back on, or a credit card. We had none of these.

Still, we are afloat. Somehow. I know of course that this is God's blessing and we are very grateful for this.

I have been busily de-cluttering, trying to find things we can sell. Got rid of Jane's twin bed (mattress, box spring, frame and headboard), and two black leather jackets of Frank's. In the midst of this, I have re-discovered a yarn stash so I have been working on stuff for my Etsy shop. I'll be taking photos and listing them this coming weekend or next week.

Our next steps include finally getting him some badly needed medical attention this coming week. Without any income for him at all, he will qualify for little-or-no out-of-pocket costs. I don't know how he has stood the pain this long.

Bottom line is that we are now on the next leg of life's journey and we are curious about where it will lead us.

Sweet Jesus, watch over us, please, during these coming weeks and months. We are very grateful for what we have, for our shelter and our friends, and I especially, am grateful for the blessing of your love.

No comments: