Sunday, March 24, 2013

Dollar-Item Increases Effective May 1st


Back on December 16th, I posted about pricing items in my Etsy shop (How Low is Too Low?).

At that time, I had planned to raise every dollar-item in my shop to at least $1.50. My post explains why I no longer can offer dollar-items. The Etsy fees and the payment-option fees can easily eat up that dollar if the item is listed for longer than 4 months. In that case, I wouldn’t even break-even and would be selling at a loss.

I had planned to raise those prices on January 1st.

Well, it is now almost the end of March and I never got around to making my changes. It takes a bit of time to change all the affected items.

So, my new target date is May 1st. This means that, until May 1st, buyers can still get any of the dollar-items for that dollar price. Additionally, anyone placing, say, a custom order, can get the dollar price if the order is placed before May 1st.

I probably ought to put a notice in my shop about the upcoming change. I will also mention it on the Etsy forums. Other Etsy shop owners read those Forum posts and often roll on over to check things out in shops other than their own.

I think there is even an Etsy option for listing a “sale” in a shop. This would qualify as a pre-pricing-change sale, I imagine. Guess I’d better hop on over there and check it out.  

2 comments:

Bawissa AKA Melissa said...

Good luck with your Etsy shop! I hope the price increase goes well. I closed my Etsy shop last year, but Mom and I still sell our beaded items through Facebook and the occasional craft boutique. We both think of you often and hope you are doing well. :)

Evelyn Mayfield said...

I need to "talk" to you when you get back from your vacation about how your Facebook sales are doing, and whether or not you have a "business" page...Hugs and prayers
Evie