Saturday, January 26, 2013

Coughs and Cold Remedies, and De-Cluttering Stamina Strategy


Tonight I added a pin to my Pinterest board, DIY Projects to Try. Being 73, I grew up using a home remedy for coughs, colds and sore throats: honey and lemon. I just found some great new ways to vary that and also new ways to use it. The pin is here...

I want to make some of these variations. Even though Vegas isn't as cold as it is in other parts of the country, and winter doesn't last long, coughs and colds are still something to deal with. This way, I can find that tip, easily, when I want to make these remedies.

On another subject, two weeks ago, I began a serious de-cluttering effort because we decided to get a new kitty.

In the midst of de-cluttering, of course, I've been "finding" stuff. I've been Freecycling a lot of it, trashing other stuff, and giving away even more.

In the past, my de-cluttering efforts never lasted more than a day or so because my long-term stamina level isn't great, so THIS time, in order to avoid burning out after just a week, I've kept it to 1 to 4 hours a day. Friday's, because of the charity crafters, I won't do anything on this project, and the same goes for the last week of the month because of the my volunteer work as writer, editor and publisher of our monthly senior mobile home park's newsletter.

This de-cluttering will be a long-term effort but I am happily seeing results in the house. I felt I needed to get some space freed up so that I could at least FIND the cat if she decided to hide on us in the beginning.

Thank heaven I did as much as I did over the 6 days I've already worked on this. When we brought her home, she immediately bolted to the furthest, most inaccessible corner in our 52x24-foot home. At least I was able, with a flashlight, to make sure she was where I thought she was, and that she could also get out of there when she chose to.

Overall, I feel very satisfied with my beginning efforts. That feeling of satisfaction has me excited enough to keep going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog :)
Passing through..

Blessings,Renee