Thursday, October 25, 2012

When Plans Go Awry


There's an old saying to the effect that man makes plans and God laughs. He must be really enjoying himself today. It was one of those days where every single thing that I had planned to do did not get done, for one reason or another.

For example, I should have finished printing our monthly mobile home community newsletter, and stapled it tomorrow. However, I ran out of toner about one-third of the way through the 435 issues. I did order toner on Monday and I forgot that I chose not to get "express" delivery. This means that it will not arrive until early next week. It's no catastrophe, in the long run. We always try to deliver on-or-before the 1st of each month, and we might be one day late. Considering we've only been one-day late perhaps twice in over 10 years, nobody will fire me. That's because it's all volunteer. It's also because nobody else wants to do it. Now I am laughing.

Still, I had my day planned around that project. There were other things as well. They were just little things here and there, but they were enough to totally throw me off.

I have now just given up and decided to let the rest of the evening work itself out.

Oh, there is one interesting thing. When I realized that I would not be printing, which ties up my RAM-challenged older PC, I decided to do a little research into some things related to our charity crafting efforts. In the end, I found a few really good leads and ideas for something that has troubled our group of charity crafters. I'll share it as soon as I am sure about the outcome.

Long story made short: if I had not run out of toner, maybe I would not have surfed for that information at that time and maybe our group would have lost out on that lead.

So, in the end, I have to admit that God does know best.

Father, enough said - thank you!

No comments: