Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My First eBook Fan Letter



Paperback Version
 Oh my goodness, I am so excited. I just got my first fan letter from someone who bought the Nook version of my self-published Busy Person's Prayer Book.

Some of you know I wrote and published the paperback a few years ago. I am terrible at marketing. In all that time, I gave away about 30 paperback copies of the book as complimentary copies, and sold about 20 copies. I also sold, about two years ago, one ebook version.

But suddenly, this year, I have been selling the e-reader versions without trying. I just checked my stats and see that I have sold one book a month for the past 4 months.

The eBook version, of course, is less expensive than the print-on-demand paperback version but I am still amazed that it is being found, somehow.

I asked this latest buyer which device she reads it on and she uses a Nook. I also asked if there were any improvements she could think of to make it easier to read on the device and she said she loved it just as it is. I can't begin to tell you how good that made me feel.

I have had a lot of good comments about the paperback, like these two below...

Jun 15, 2009 By michele casteel

I loved your prayer book. The simple, easy to remember prayers are even something I am teaching my kids to memorize for when they find themselves in certain situations. Your book truly a God-send!

Nov 25, 2008 "Thank you so much, Evelyn!" I love your book -- especially the "When Things Go Wrong" prayer I read. What comfort for my husband and I to receive when our disabled son, Johnny (9), is so ill, and we need the Lord's help so much. I also ordered one for my mom who is going through radiation after breast cancer surgery. God bless you in your busy life for taking time to put this together for the rest of us! I think we would all love to see a "Vol. 2" when you can. All our best always -- with love and prayers, Pam, Mike, Johnny & Briana, West Allis, WI

I am in the midst, this past year, of making some small revisions to this book. Mostly, I have to delete the old contact snail address in it and update that to my home address. And there are just one or two minor changes (one typo I found) that I need to make.
If this does take off, maybe I can re-visit the notes I've made to more in my planned series and do something about them. A friend had once told me he wanted a book of prayers for a business owner, and another asked for one on relationships, another for single people.

I guess I should be a smart marketer and at least post, here, where folks can find them. See what I mean about my being a wimpy marketing person?

The link to the publisher, Lulu, is here, and they have both a $5 electronic version and a $3.99 version. They also have a very helpful page, here, showing which formats are supported by which devices so buyers can know in advance that they are getting the correct version for their readers. Even if buyers end up getting it from another dealer, this page is useful.

As for Barnes and Noble, for folks who have an account there, here is the link to their $3.99 version.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go bask in the glow of my eBook fan's kind words.

No comments: