Thursday, August 9, 2012

About Those Free Patterns I Promised


Sofa-Size Ripple Afghan
I was shocked tonight to find that it has been one month, exactly, since I posted my promise to share a new free crochet pattern with you.

Back then, I had planned to post patterns for two sizes of small afghans. One was for a size that works well for charity crafters. It is for folks in wheelchairs or stuck in a chair all day. It comes a bit above the waist and falls to about the ankles, and is not so wide that it gets caught in the wheels of a moving chair. The other size is perfect for someone relaxing on a sofa at home, or to keep the draft off when sitting on a couch.

They are basically the same except for the size.

Okay. Obviously I have not kept my promise. A few weeks ago, our car developed a major leak. Then the engine blew. Last Wednesday, it went in to be fixed. It might be gone another week or two.

Meanwhile, my timing on anything relating to errands is shot. I must get rides from friends and neighbors, or if they are all busy, pay for a ride. Whichever way I travel, it means I must adjust my own time to the time of my transportation provider.

This said, I planned to include a photo on each pattern but I need one more skein of yarn to finish the one afghan. That particular errand has now moved to very low on my to-do list. Higher up on the list is the payment of bills, with grocery shopping next in priority.

Still, I hope to post those patterns sometime this month. Hold on - they're coming!


No comments: