Thursday, April 12, 2012

Faith: The Waiting Game


Sometimes it seems like relying on Faith is like playing a waiting game. A lot of times, we move one step forward and two steps back. Still, waiting for the Lord to answer our prayers is always rewarding.

I find it especially wonderful when I look back at how he works things out for us. Hindsight always reveals very interesting details. I can often see how, if I had received what I "wanted," I would have missed out on what I "needed."

For now, however, my daily fears for my daily needs sometimes blind me to the facts. The facts are simple: he always comes through for us. So, as I do every night, I'll pray for all the patience I need to deal with tomorrow, on his terms, not on mine.

Father, thank you for another day in which we were sheltered, ate, and lived reasonably well. Forgive my worries and doubts about how this will all work out, and keep my mind clear so that I may see the path you wish me to be on.

No comments: