Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sharing, Caring, and Normal Life - Fitting It All In


Sometimes a few of my well-meaning friends advise me to think about curbing my need to help others. They feel that I am stressing myself out or stretching myself too thin when I do these things.

In a way I am stressed and I do have too much on my plate. But it is not because of my helping others. That part brings me so much joy at the end of the night. Just knowing that I was able to do something, no matter how small, for someone who God placed on my life's path, warms my heart so much.

The part that stresses me is that fact that I have truly become very lazy about organizing the rest of my time, my space, and my obligations. I have simply let it all fall in and around me. I do whatever is most urgent. I do not do things in the wisest order. I need a great deal of help with this part of my life. And, I think it's time I asked the Lord himself for help in this matter.

Father, you know I love helping those who need my help. You also know I would be able to do it better if I could get the rest of my life in order. Help me, please, to organize my life and my thoughts so that I can do your will to an amazing degree. Help me to fit it all in, the way you know it will best work for both of us.

No comments: