Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Peppermint Bark Trees


Peppermint Bark Trees
We all need last minute food treats for stocking stuffers or token gifts. These are so cute and so easy and so cheap. This post for our series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas is a good find.

The tutorial by Heather over at DollarStoreCrafts is at this link.

The photos are good and the step-by-step instructions are very easy to follow. I like that Heather even gives tips at the end as to why they should be layered in a certain order.

The problem with these, as I see it, is in making enough to have some left for gift giving. I mean, they are so cute and so small, we'd have to taste-test along the way, right?

I love making candy that does not require a candy thermometer or an oven. And the idea for the molds is pure genius.

Hmmm. I wonder how these would work with butterscotch chips?

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling too crushed for time to make your own gifts this season, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: