Monday, December 5, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Easy Button Rings


With all the amazing buttons available today, this opens the door to really cute and different rings. These are listed as perfect for a group of young girls but I frankly like the idea for this older girl! Think about how really unique vintage buttons would look. This is part of our ongoing series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas.

The tutorial is posted by Linda, at this link on CraftaholicsAnonymous. Linda gives very clear instructions and lots of photos to make this ever so easy.

I have some really different and pretty buttons, all singles, and now I know why I have never tossed them away.

These are made with stretchy cord, so there is some flexibility in the size if you are unsure of that. Of course, you wouldn't want it too tight - blue fingers probably are not all that desirable.

I can even see these for the guys if we use heavier, macho buttons, leather buttons, denim covered buttons, military and metal buttons.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling too crushed for time to make your own gifts this season, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.


No comments: