Thursday, December 15, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - 21 Diabetic Food Mixes for Jar Gifts

We all have a few folks on our gift lists who are diabetics but who love to cook and love to eat. For our series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas, I did an online search and found this great collection of 21 different ideas. The list and the recipes are at Budget101, at this link.

I browsed the list and clicked on each one, looking for those that would be quick and easy to assemble this late in the gift-giving season. I found a few would really please some folks I know.

Among the almost-two-dozen listed, they include diabetic versions of powdered sugar, rice pudding mix, cherry tea mix, and a Cool Whip replacement. You are sure to find a few that would work as last minute gifts for diabetics on your list.

These are simply written recipes, no photos, but good instructions.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling too crushed for time to make your own gifts this season, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: