Sunday, October 2, 2011

Why Daily Prayer is Important

Some of you might wonder why I feel compelled to write daily about prayer. I don't always succeed in my goal to post every day, but I do try.

The reason I do this is very selfish. I do it for me. I am convinced that prayer should be such a basic and integrated part of every moment of my day that I post to remind myself of this. I do it to also remind myself of all the ways prayer can lighten life's burdens. I do it to make my life easier to handle and to remind myself that I am not alone. I do it so that I remember to pray.

This may be a very short post, but to me it is a very important one.

Jesus made a point of telling us how to pray when he presented the Lord's Prayer. There were many times in the gospels that we are reminded of how often he prayed to the Father. If he felt the need to pray, then it is a habit I would be very wise to acquire and to follow. All I can do is try to do so.

Sweet Jesus, please hear my prayer for help in continuing to grow in my prayer life. Help me to remember all the times your example points the way.

No comments: