Monday, July 12, 2010

Our Crafts - Hobby or Chore?

One of our Friday Charity Crafters mentioned how she often wishes she could spend more time on her crochet projects. I often feel that way, too. Still, I wonder if I had more time for my crafts, would I really enjoy it more?

Sometimes it is better to have a little time for the things we cherish, rather than have so much time that we overindulge our crafts and perhaps even become tired or bored with them.

With some of us, it is more of a hobby. With others, it is a way to bring in some extra income, or our sole income. Still others find it a necessary part of their lives - they just cannot "not" do their crafts - it is part of them, part of their lives.

I suppose each of us enjoys it at our own level. For me, I definitely would enjoy more time for my projects, but I don't think I'd enjoy the crafts as my only way to spend my time. For me, I need a healthy balance, but crafts are definitely a big part of that balance. They are stress relief, they are a little extra income, they are ways to give gifts I cannot otherwise afford, and they are a way to express my creativity with design.

For me, crafts are not a hobby or a chore; they are part of me.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

i love my crafting time, i so cherish it..quiets my mind at times..
have a lovely day..