Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Faith-Based Blogs

My blog is generic, except perhaps it does lean toward Christian faith. And many of you know by now that I was raised Catholic, fell away in my 20s and did not come back until my 40s, almost 30 years in reality.

However, I keep running into so many wonderful faith-based blogs that I cannot help but encourage you to do searches for some that might be even more specific to your leanings and more helpful in your daily walk.

The following searches, tonight alone, just revealed the following hits:

blog baptist yielded 11,300,000 hits
blog methodist gave 6,050,000 results
blog catholic revealed 31,600,000 spots
blog lds OR latter day saints gave 29,900,000
blog jewish yielded 36,800,000

Now, although I lean toward the Christian faith in my blog posts, many of them are very generically faith-based which is why I included my search for Jewish blogs. I have many Jewish friends, especially from when I lived for 40 years in PA and NJ. I love so many of the Jewish traditions, teachings, and beliefs. And, of course, Christianity is built upon many of these ways and truths.

Some of these hits are for specific church or temple blogs for that faith; but there are still an awful lot of blogs which might be very well suited to your own beliefs and worth your visit.

Once in a while, I post about a specific site but I haven't done that in a while. Lately, I have been landing on some and I must try to save them in one spot so I will not forget to go to that file and choose one at a time and share them with you, explaining why each one is special in its own way.

Life is a sometimes trouble-filled journey and it always feels so good to visit a site where you feel welcome and at home. Check some out.

Dear God, guide us each to helpful places to rest in faith and share testimony to your glory and your name.

1 comment:

smith44 don said...

great information on Christianity. I love to read this blog. I belong to hindu religion but my most of friends are christian so I like this religion and always interested to read more & more about Christianity.

Greek Symbols