Monday, May 31, 2010

Ravelry Squares

I am really excited. One of the swap groups I am in is a group in Ravelry. We each make a 12" square for the MoM (Member of the Month). Each month, the MoM receives 12 squares.

When you think about it, that is really cool. Tomorrow is June 1 and I am the June MoM. That means I will receive 12 handmade squares, all 12". Well, one person dropped out so I receive 11, but I can easily make up that 12th square.

At that size, I only need to use 4 across and 3 down to make a "friendship" lapghan that will measure 48" by 36" - so this coming month I will end up with an instant do-it-yourself lapghan. I can't wait to see what they send. I'll post photos as they come in.

I already sent my square for April and for May, and will begin again for the July MoM.

1 comment:

Vaughnde said...

You are gonna LOVE those squares! LOL! Add in the ones from The Gathering Room and you are all set to go too! I'm also in one of those groups on Ravelry and I think I'm gonna be the MoM for August.
Group USA 2