Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cyber Faith

Many times, I accidentally stumble upon a blog that is faith-driven. Most often, I click to become a "follower." That way, I get mini-views of the most recent blog posts whenever I sign into my own blog.

It is so heartwarming to know that there are so many of these on the Internet. People are so open about their faith and what it means to them. Not all of the faith-driven blogs I follow are Christian. I tend to follow any uplifting posts that I truly like. I'm especially drawn to those that help me in my daily journey in this earthly life.

One of these days, I'll start, little by little, to mention some of them, and share them with you. I'll explain why I like certain blogs.

Many of these are either by-or-for Mothers and by-or-for people with a particular illness history.

At first, I shied away from those for Mothers. I assumed, wrongly, that they would not have anything in their posts that would benefit a 70-yr-old woman who was never able to carry past 8 weeks. How wrong I was. No matter what the reason for their post, the journey they take relates to each of us, in one way or another.

If a mother is tense or irritable with her children, I can apply that to some folks I know who sometimes make me like that. If a mother is distressed because she feels she just cannot do all that is expected of her, I know I can really relate to that, perpetual volunteer that I am.

Father, thank you for so many people on the Internet who love you and are not ashamed to say so; thank you, too, for showing me some blogs that uplift me in my daily journey.

No comments: