Monday, October 26, 2009

Blogger - Two Tips

Here are two things I just learned the hard way
How to get Blogger (Blogspot) email addresses from profiles, the easy way
Why we must be careful giving out our Blogger (Blogspot) URL

How to get Blogger (Blogspot) email addresses from profiles, the easy way.
I don't know about you, but everytime I click on "email" in a Blogspot profile, my system tries to kick me over to my Outlook/Outlook Express program(s). On my system, my whole thing locks up and I must wait for it to time-out and cancel two screens. Meanwhile, if I am lucky enough to remember, I copy the email address from the useless Outlook window and paste it into my own outgoing email window. On a whim, on one person's Blogspot profile, I "right-clicked" on "email" and then clicked on "Properties." Eureka! I was able to copy and paste easily, directly from the Profile page.

Why we must be careful giving out our Blogger (Blogspot) URL
I currently have giveaways that offer extra entries if someone links to my giveaways. One reader made her comment and typed in her URL with the link. I know her spot, so I was totally confused when I clicked on her URL in her comment and, instead of going to her site, I ended up at a Bible site. She typed it the way I normally would, without the "www." For some odd reason, it is being misdirected when done without the "www," but if she had tested it, quickly, she would have known that. So, whenever you hand-type your URL, always "test" what you have typed, just in case.

No comments: