Friday, September 18, 2009

From Confusion to Gratitude

This is one of those "Gee, I don't know what to write" nights. It was not a bad day - not a great day, but not a bad day. Actually, I guess it was a great day. These days, any 24-hr period that does not contain a crisis is a great day. So, I guess I can write about what went right today.

I didn't get done all that I planned. But I am alive, and I am well enough to take care of the necessary daily routines today - meals, shopping, some craft projects I'm committed to, some emails, some posts on my blog, updating my Giveaway, among other things.

My kitty (well, he's not a kitty any longer at around 13 or 14 yrs old) is frisky and hard to find if he stays out past dark. These past few days, I've prayed that he returns home by himself. This is better than me limping on my goofy foot and achy knee. He has done so, just at dusk but definitely before dark.

I'm tired tonight, but it's a good tired. I have a roof over my head, running water, TV that works, phone that works, freezer, fridge, other appliances that work, and a bod that works, mostly. Just that sentence alone makes me far more fortunate than most of the rest of the world.

Lord, I started out in confusion and I ended up in warm gratitude at your generosity to me, when I do not merit it as much as some who are less fortunate than I am; thank you!

No comments: