Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Medical Needs Later This Week

Tomorrow, Wednesday, I’ll visit the one food pantry. That one takes a few hours but is worth the wait and they have chairs to sit in while waiting. I had to pass up the free farmer’s market on Saturday. It would have meant standing in the early morning cold too long and I didn’t want to risk getting a cold or anything to delay the ongoing healing. I also wouldn’t have been able to lift the produce bags. Next month will be delightful enough. But tomorrow I will be busy putting stuff away, rinsing any produce, and so on.

Thursday I will see the plastic surgeon who will finally cut out that basal cell carcinoma on my right shoulder blade and give me stitches. I’m sure there will be some new restrictions from that.

The next day, Friday, I see the other surgeon who will remove the little steri strips on her two incisions on the left breast. Hopefully we’ll also know the biopsy results at that time, and hopefully, some limits from that surgery will be lifted. I had the cancel the charity crafter’s yet again.
I should be trading some limits off and some on.

Saturday and Sunday will be some finishing up of little DIY projects for my friends, neighbors, team members in the park. I love going around on Christmas morning leaving little bags of “stuff” on porches. 

This year I just did not get to make what I wanted. Had to skip all the hanging towels I planned, as well as some other more time-consuming projects. But the health issues were more important. Still, I hope my small efforts will bring some smiles to some faces in here and pitiful as these little efforts may be, they will be heartfelt. Couldn’t seem to get stuff together to mail to some folks who are not nearby. 

Today I managed to make a bunch of yogurt smoothies and pay some bills over the phone. I am relieved to be able to say, one more month, that the bills are done for the month, barring anything unforeseen, and I did not have to renew any short term loans.

All next week will be taken up with the monthly newsletter which will be a day later than usual getting started.

I can’t believe the New Year is almost upon us!

No comments: