Thursday, August 25, 2016

His Help is Always Available

I'm feeling happily tired tonight. After a quick run to the store this morning around dawn, and after breakfast, I was out in the air for a while washing my car. After that, I stapled all 400+ copies of our monthly newsletter. A neighbor brought some yarn over for our charity crafters and left me some things for our upcoming Fall Park Wide Yard Sale. That meant I had to shift some things around to make room to store them until early October.

True, I'm a little sore and a little stiff tonight, but only on a minor level.

I almost don't want to admit I feel healthier today than I did 10 years ago. I don't think I ever realized how much a toll care giving takes from us. Between 3 years with Jane, and then with her son, it was a longer time frame than I ever expected it to be.

I do not resent any of it. If I had it to do over, I'd do it again.

But I never gave a thought to the stress level back then.

Sweet Jesus, thank you for always being there for me, in the past, now in the present, and in the future. You held me up when I could have fallen down. Thank you for carrying me through the tough times. Thank you for helping me today with my tasks. And thank you for the knowledge that I can count on you in the future.

No comments: