Thursday, April 7, 2016

Park Wide Yard Sale Results

Most of you know I took part in our senior mobile home park's Spring Park Wide Yard Sale. You also know the steps I took to prep for it from my post a few days ago (here at this link).

It's over and I've almost fully healed. My energy level didn't lag. My knees didn't give out. But that initial 20 pounds I lost when my nephew passed away two years ago means my Skechers are loose and my feet no longer sit atop the arch supports in them in the proper alignment. After all the toting, walking, carrying over Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I was barely able to crawl up the back steps and into the shower. But I did it - and I made it - and I'm glad I was able to do so without taking even one pain pill or even a Tylenol Arthritis this time.

On Saturday, I realized what was happening with the feet. I had to wrap them at night but on Saturday and Sunday, I had found a pair of Dr. Scholl's inserts that I had never opened (wonderful thing, de-cluttering is, in exposing treasures) and used them. Without them, I could not have done it.

I did not take in as much as some in our park because I had mostly small stuff. On one side of the driveway, I was able to tell everyone that it was all $0.50 on those tables, which tells you something. 
Still, at the end, I took in $86. I had thought I'd need to use it for a plumbing issue but that resolved itself. So I used it for my '01 Saturn's registration renewal, due by the 8th (I did it yesterday), and which cost $87 - how wonderful was that? It meant I didn't have to forego a utility payment just to do the registration.

So, all in all, it went well. I do have to share with you, tomorrow, how I made out with my food-prep work for that weekend, and how I sorted what was left...

No comments: