Friday, June 19, 2015

Prayers,Please - Big Bear Lake Fire



My "baby" brother (who will be 72 in September) and his wife live on what we teasingly call his 5 acres of sand in the high desert not too far from the Big Bear Lake fire in California. I had to refresh my memory of the actual distance. It is 30 "air miles" and about 55 "road miles" between them, their little home, and the fire. 

A lot will depend on the wind's direction - and on the mountains in the path, as well.

The tinder is dry - I'm a little worried. He will be calling me tomorrow with an update, but it would do my heart and soul good to know that some prayers are going their way even before that.

Sweet Jesus, you lived here on earth, in bodies like ours. You had loved ones here. You experienced nature's bad side. Please, I ask you who calmed the sea and walked on water to watch over my brother, his wife, and their little homestead. I cannot be there for them, so I ask you to take over and love them and care for them and protect them. Please watch out for others in the fire's path, as well as those who are trying to get it under control. 

No comments: