Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Well, I’ve Lost My Bed



My mobile home is old and drafty. My latest kitty, a 3-1/2 “shelter cat” has consistently sought rest in odd little corners in here since we brought her home just about two years ago. It has always been on the floor.

During the night, she will usually jump up on the bed, and onto my chest/tummy, for about 15 minutes, enjoying the rise and fall of my body and the warmth. Then she leaves. 

A few moments ago, however, Silkie surprised me by jumping up on the bed although I am not in it, and curling up, up near the pillow, and is fast asleep. 

I think she just realized she’s a cat and that this is a house that loves cats and that she is allowed, in here, to get up on things - like the bed. 

I think I just lost control of that bed (sigh).

This should be an interesting night!  

No comments: