Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Tithes - and Why I Need to Start Again



A few years ago, I did tithe, regularly and faithfully. Then things became hectic, troublesome and difficult at home. I allowed circumstances to befuddle my mind and keep me from doing what I had happily been doing. It’s time for me to get back to that.

I have no idea how I will handle even less cash this coming month, but my experience, from before, was that it always worked out.

Recently, I found two really good articles on the subject of tithing. Here are their links...

They cover everything from what to tithe on (gross vs. net) to who to give the tithe to (tithe vs. alms, etc.). I found not only the articles helpful, but the comments as well.

Father, you have always taken care of me. I know you understand when I worry about finances. Help me to get back in the wonderful habit of following your request to give what is due to you, up front. I trust you to help me cover it.    

No comments: