Sunday, April 6, 2014

Free Prayer Sunday - Too Many Chores



When I need to take care of tasks or chores that I just cannot avoid, that I didn’t volunteer for, those that just need doing and need doing by me, sometimes I feel “put upon.”  Even if that is not the case, there are times when I just feel overwhelmed by what lies ahead of me. I wrote this prayer to help me feel better about doing what simply must be done. Because I am always volunteering or my help, or agreeing to help when it is needed, it is one of my favorites.

I'm marching through my self-published Busy Person's Prayer Book, front to back. This prayer is from the category, My Faults. Earlier, I posted prayers from the Work category (about jobs, layoffs, etc.), prayers from the Helping Others (homeless, terminally ill, etc.), and Hurting Others (judging others, etc.) categories.

Too Many Chores
Father help me resist the urge
To resent what I must do each day
Help me instead to find the joy
In knowing you trust me to find the way.

Please do not pass it around without giving credit to the author (me) and where it was published - a line like this will do:   by Evelyn Mayfield, in the Busy Person's Prayer Book

The book is available for download for less than $4.

Upcoming free prayers in this category, My Faults, include the following prayers:
Craving Appreciation
To End Procrastination

At the top of this page, simply click on Free Prayers what we've posted so far, or scroll down the right sidebar and click on that tag.  

No comments: