Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hooded Baby Jackets Coming to Etsy Shop


My Etsy sales have slowed down. I have a few things I've made, ready to add to my shop. These include some fingerless gloves in various colors and a lap-throw or two. I hope to take photos in a day or so and list them.

However, I think I need give my shop a bigger boost by adding items I haven't presented until now.

One of my favorite patterns to make is a 12-month (1 year) hooded baby -jacket. It is so cute. I've been using this pattern since I found it back in '97.

When we put both a jacket and a hat/cap on babies, there is a gap between the jacket collar and the bottom-back of the cap. With the hooded baby jacket, there is full coverage of the neck and better protection from cold, windy or damp weather.

To kick-start my plans, today I'm starting a baby blue hooded-jacket. I love that the hoodie part is loosened and tightened by a drawstring. It can be pushed back and off the head in good weather. The jacket part only has 5 buttons and they are 1/2" in size. This is large enough for a busy Mom to work on a squirming baby without fumbling. I really hate those teeny-tiny buttons on some baby clothes.

Because this pattern is yarn-economic, I think I can keep the price for these fairly low compared to some I've seen on Etsy. I would like that because babies grow out of their clothing so quickly. My goal is to make and offer affordable baby things. They ought to be practical as well. This pattern washes and dries like a dream because I use acrylic yarn - no worries about severe shrinkage.

At this point in the evening, I'm finishing the hood and will attach it tomorrow. Hope to take the photo in a day or so. Meanwhile, I'll start others. I love making these and I enjoy picturing a baby wearing them, all warm and snuggly.

No comments: