Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Gift of Joyful Songs


Last night I blogged about the first Christmas gifts and what it all means to me. Tonight I've been thinking about one of those first gifts, the gift of joy presented in song by the angels.

I cannot begin to imagine how beautiful a choir of angels must sound. But apparently both our Father and the Christ child value that gift.

This means to me that I should rejoice as much as I want to in appropriate Christmas carols, hymns, songs. This year, whenever I feel like singing Silent Night, The First Noel, O Little Town of Bethlehem, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, and more, I will sing. I won't worry, as I normally do, that I do not carry a decent tune. I will rejoice. I will follow the lead of those angels announcing his birth over 2,000 years ago. Yep, I will SING.

Lord Jesus, please accept my gift of joy in the form of song this year, in the loving spirit in which it is given. And please help those around me to not mind my lack of talent.

No comments: