Friday, November 11, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - No Sew Fringed Fleece Scarf

This one's a keeper. Quick. Easy. No Sew. Soft. Warm. It's got everything that is perfect for a handmade gift. It fits our ongoing series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas perfectly.

I found this by way of an online search. Sam (Samantha) has a great tutorial at this link. Her photos and her step-by-step instructions guarantee that even a fumble-fingers like me, when it comes to fabric, can do it.

Now, some of you might wonder why this even needs instructions. Trust me, her way of fringing makes it different than just cutting a piece of fleece.

I love how this will fit every single person on a holiday gift list - youngster, oldster, man, woman, even a pup. How great is that?

The hardest part of this project will be choosing the fleece pattern for each person. Sam used a beautiful soft-toned argyle for her photos and her project. I've ogled the fleece in fabric departments but had no idea what to do with it. Sam has changed all that. NOW I will be watching for sales.

This is also a great project for making and stashing scarves in an emergency-gift tote for the last-minute "I need something quick" moments.

Another thing I liked about this project is the step Sam took to enable the fringe to be tied. It may have been done by others, but this is the first time I've seen it done.

This would also be a great idea for charity crafters, for the homeless.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

1 comment:

Evelyn Mayfield said...

For anyone who tried to find the link for the tutorial mentioned in this post, I accidentally left it out my first time around.

The link is now in the post.

So sorry for any confusion.