Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Special Blessings

Today was a truly hectic, busy day but a day with unexpected blessings.

Each morning and evening for the past 3-1/2 weeks, I've gone across the street to spend anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour with my neighbor's lonely kitty. My neighbor returns at midnight tonight. Blessing #1 is that I suddenly realized that I will now be blessed with an extra 1-1/2 to 2 hours each day! Of course, it isn't really "extra." It has been there all the time. But the past few weeks, it has been taken up with this special need.

When I left my neighbor's home this morning, not long after dawn, it was drizzling. In the sky was the most beautiful and intense rainbow I have ever seen here in Las Vegas. It was breathtaking. It was as if God was saying Good Morning to the world in his own special way. That was Blessing #2.

There were more blessings today. I had been praying that the folks at the car lot office would let me make my car loan payment, due today, in two payments, the 5th and the 10th. My nephew had to leave early this morning with our car, and I had no way over to their office. I hated to ask a neighbor for a ride, but when I did, she was able to help in that way. As for the payment, because we have been up front with them and because we are not in arrears, they were happy to make the arrangements. Now I just have two more financial hurdles to deal with before COB Saturday.

My nephew had been having trouble relating to the new district manager where he works, this past two weeks. Suddenly, yesterday, one of the staff walked out and the DM asked him to cover the walkout's shift, which he did. This morning, he had to go in an hour earlier due to an early morning order the DM wanted him to help with. They had just cut his hours the day the new DM arrived and he was worried about this. Now, it seems, she feels she can depend on him and has no trouble throwing him the extra hours when she can. It's still no more than 35 hrs a week, but it's surely better than 25 hrs a week.

There are other things that happened today, and late yesterday, and I will be sure to thank him tonight for each and every one of them.

Lord God, you are an awesome father. Thank you for these joys today, and please fill me with the grace I need to keep my mind and heart open that I may see all the blessings you send our way. 

No comments: