Monday, October 24, 2011

Dealing with Money Worries

Tonight I am very worried about financial issues and I don't even know what approach to take in my prayers. I have heard many folks argue that we should pray for specifics. I have heard others saying we should pray for help in finding the answer rather than pray for specific solutions.

The issue involves several bills that are crucial and we cannot afford to have something cut off or the car repo'd. The ironic part of all this is that it is all due this coming weekend, Fri/Sat and if it were the next weekend, the first weekend in November, we'd be fine - we'd have the funds. This weekend, however, we'll only have half of what we need. We are so late in some of these things that we have been told, in no uncertain terms, that we must meet these deadline, this time, or else. There's no way they'll wait just one more short week.

I could pray for help in finding a solution. I wrote a prayer for my self-published Busy Person's Prayer Book, and I've been wearing it out this week. I'll share it with you here:

For Help In Paying Debts
Father, you're the one who knows
The answer to financial woes
Open my eyes to see the way
To funds for those whom I must pay.

Normally, this small prayer brings me an enormous feeling of relief. It helps me to turn it over to God. This, in turn, helps me relax so that answers might come that I would otherwise block with worry.

However, I think of all those who say we must visualize and picture what we want or need. They say we must pray for specifics. So, then, do I ask him straight out for $200 no later than Saturday? I really am not comfortable with that approach. Maybe that discomfort is keeping me from receiving all that the Lord would like to send me.

What to do? What to do?

If any of you have a moment to spare, please say a prayer for us on this matter? I leave it to you to use your most comfortable approach. Meanwhile, I'll do my best from here.

Father, I need your help, big time. I know you have always answered my prayers. You have always taken care of me. I have never hungered severely. I trust you now to see to our needs in the way you see fit. I am not comfortable in asking you for a certain amount. However, I ask you to clear my mind of worry and allow me to see whatever solution you have placed on my path. I know you are working on this matter now.

No comments: