Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ChunkyBling Affordable Interchangeable Watches, My New Love



At 70, I have fallen in love...with ChunkyBling's adorable and affordable watches, rings, and bracelets. Oh, they have great necklaces, too, but the first three are my personal passion. I guess this is sort of a review but mostly, I can't help sharing.

Several factors joined forces to hook me.

First, and most wonderful, I love the look of these watches and the fact that they are customized to suit each person's desires. For me, that means I can choose whatever color band I want, and add whatever style watch face I fancy. I happen to crave pearl!

Next, there is the price. I am not well-off but I will find the funds to buy something I love and I truly love these. Knowing they are reasonably priced means I can slowly build myself a little wristwatch wardrobe.

Then there is the fact that the watchbands are stretchy. I am not a slim, petite young thing, but my wrists have always been tiny. These people give you excellent instructions on how to choose the right size band. They also give common-sense, real-life examples.

The fourth feature, and maybe even the best, is that they are all interchangeable. The little lobster-claw clasps enable the bands and faces to be switched. Oh, and they give specific tips on which types and colors and finishes will go best with each other. How great is that?

It's not just the watches; I have to tell you more tomorrow, if you haven't already gone over there to look by then. I am really going nuts trying to decide what to start with!

The website also explains the best ways to wear chunky jewelry as well as how to choose the appropriate watch face to "go with" the bands.

For years, I depended on Avon for my watches. About 1/3 of theirs have the stretchy bands. This site, however, has a far larger, almost unlimited assortment.

I had to share ChunkyBling's build-it-yourself jewelry with you. Their choices make excellent gifts, totally personalized in color and shape. Hey, I told myself, nobody says the gifts must be for someone else!

No comments: