Friday, June 4, 2010

G or H Hook Gobbler?

Ok, I have long suspected the presence in the crafting world of a G or H Hook Gobbler. There has to be one out there, with long, curling claw-like fingers, snatching up all my G and H crochet hooks as soon as I put them down.

I just cannot figure out where they go, how they disappear. I don't know if this happens to knitters with their needles. Perhaps not. Knitting needles are much longer than the shorter crochet hooks.

Every once in a while I have to give in and buy one or two new ones. I'm wondering if I should break down and buy them by the gross. Might be more economical. And the way it is going, I might have enough for a month or two.

Yep, there has to be one of these monsters out there, lurking near every crochet project in the works, in every crocheter's work area. I could bait a trap with a phony G hook. But I don't know how big he or she is, so I'm not sure how big a trap to set.

If I ever do catch this G-or-H-Hook-Gobbler, and if I find all my missing hooks, and more, I'll let you know so you can claim yours, too.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Perhaps he hangs out with the monster that steals one sock from each pair. If you can find that monster, I'd be very appreciative. ;)

Christina said...

God works in miraculous ways, because my family happens to have quite a few G & H Hooks. I hope that doesn't make us the G-or-H-Hook-Gobbler. Rather, we have them for sell if ever you need them.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/cdesvaux

Love,
Christina

Evelyn Mayfield said...

That is so funny, Christina. No, I promise you, I won't suspect any of you of being the mysterious G-or-H-Hook-Gobbler! I found your store on Etsy, by the way, and Convo'd you. I think I'll check for an answer - your prices are great!
Hugs
Evie

Wendy said...

I have a recliner that eats all crochet hooks and knitting needles that come near it. I love to knit and crochet while in my recliner. I still haven't found my one knitting needle! LOL If I've had a dollar for everytime I've tipped the recliner looking for hooks or knitting needles. I'd be able to finance a cruise to Alaska!

Evelyn Mayfield said...

The recliner! Of course - Wendy, I do believe the Gobbler must be hiding in the recliner. The one I use is really a lift-chair my dear departed friend had - it is VERY heavy but I might be able to "raise" the motorized footrest, grab a flashlight, and try to find those hooks!

Now, the sock-scavener, that is another thing. Gotta work on that one.

Hugs to all
Evie