Thursday, May 22, 2008

Me and Crafts

I love crocheting. I was always fascinated when watching my mother knitting, crocheting, embroidering, or sewing. She was multi-talented when it came to needlework. I learned to do handkerchief edgings, first, I think. I loved what they called the Lover’s Knot, back in the 40s, a lovely, lacey effect, so delicate. I loved watching her piece together a crocheted bedspread or tablecloth.
Without children to leave to the world, I’m happy to say I can leave my words (through my writing) and my handcrafted items.
Can’t knit worth a hoot. Put two needles in my hands and I end up with lumps instead of a smooth finished piece. Some day I’d like to try quilling, that rolled-paper-strip craft.
You can see some of my crocheted items at photobucket - it is listed in my links on this page. I've also started a website with tips and stuff and the link is on this page. Can you guess I enjoy crafts? I always feel guilty just sitting and watching TV, even though I enjoy it very much, but when I crochet while I am watching, I feel like I'm doing something worthwhile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Evie
I love your blog and feel we have so much in common I,too, watched my mom do all kinds of needlework and have always loved crochet the best. I do quill and know you would love it.
I too was raised Catolic but fell away but am now a practicing Lutheran who desparately wants a closer relaionship with God. I would truly love to hear from you.
My name is Pat.
Quillinggranny@aol.com

Am trying to type to you on a laptop that I just can't get used to so will have to wait til Ican

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Hi, Pat! Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you like the blog. I, too, want a closer relationship with God. I am far from where I want to be, but I do know that He loves us to care about getting where we need to be. Hugs and prayers. Evie