Thursday, June 9, 2016

Lessons Learned

Folks often tell me not to dwell on past mistakes but I cherish those memories.

They guide me.

They keep me from repeating those mistakes.

They allow me to share with others the lessons I've learned.

I am grateful to be able to recognize them. If I didn't see them or accept responsibility for them, I could never benefit from them.

I admit I do not publicly admit all my mistakes but I do admit them to myself and to Jesus because I know he understands my remorse and my resolve.

It's not that I dwell on those mistakes, but when they enter my mind, I am happy that I was able to change, that I was able to resist repeating that behavior.


Sweet Jesus, thank you for being there for me, for saving me, for understanding. Please continue to strengthen me and help me to always want to be a better person. 

No comments: