Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Upbeat News of Sorts



I know I post a lot about my worries. That’s mostly because I hope some of you will say a wee prayer for me to be able to be patient while figuring things out. More than one person, praying with me, for the same thing, is far more powerful than my praying alone.

However, every day there are little things to celebrate, when we (I) look for them.

For a couple of weeks, I’ve been without the black in my 5-yr old inkjet color all-in-one printer. After running the cleaning and test routines a dozen times, I admitted to myself that the print head was clogged.

I had contacted the company to find out if my print head was replaceable (which would be good news) or whether it was permanent (which would be bad news).  They got back to me. It’s a permanent print head. But they said they’d have a rep call me, at a day of my choosing, and troubleshoot it with me. I finally found a day when I could stay home the whole day to wait for the call. That was yesterday.

They called around 1 pm. They had me run a test print page and describe the black test.  They did something amazing. They extended my old warranty to include “this issue.” They are sending me a replacement inkjet printer. The one that is coming is refurbished but a much newer model. It is wireless and even offers automatic duplex printing. And it will have a one-year warranty. It should arrive in, get this, 3 to 5 days.

She did give me a Dutch Uncle (Aunt?) talk about how I should not use generic ink cartridges (which I do) since they can clog the print heads (which they did), and I was a good girl and was very humble during that lecture.
Bottom line - How incredible is this?

Another thing - I was notified that I won a teeny ($5) gift card from Target. That could take a few weeks or months to arrive. It’s small, but they sell cat food cans, and the cash for my baby’s food, any kind, and litter, is hard to come by. That will be a happy sight when it gets here.



One more treat. I’ve been using a manual one-cup coffee maker for months now. I have to put a plastic thingie on top of my cup/mug. Then I plop in a filter and pour boiling water into the thingie and the coffee drips into the mug. It’s a little clumsy but it works. But because it IS clumsy, I never make more than one cup, and it takes me until close to Noon to get the oomph to do it. Well, today I dug into this archaeological dig I call home, and finally found the brand new Gevalia coffeemaker I’ve had sitting here for about five years. I unpacked it, and tomorrow I’ll make 2 or 3 cups at one time, very early in the day. Can’t wait!

Father, I know some folks would think these are minor joys when I am facing some huge worries, but for me, those minor joys are blessings I love. Thank you so much for helping me along the way. I know you are working on the other matters and they will all work out, eventually. 

No comments: