Sunday, April 8, 2012

End of Lenten Chocolate Fast - What Fun!


Well, a few days ago, I detailed my plans for breaking my Lent-long chocolate fast. I admit I made it sound like an upcoming chocolate-buffet. In fact, when I shared my plans with our Friday morning charity crafters, one gal teased that it sounded like "death by chocolate."

Thankfully, I didn't go as wild as I thought I would. I ended up gobbling, throughout the day and evening, just 2 York mini-patties (that's "mini," you will note), a Reese's mini-peanut-butter-cup, and one chocolate ice cream cone. I am very proud of myself.

In fact, the chocolate ice cream actually tasted a bit too rich for me at this point. I have a feeling that chocolate consumption will be rather mild from here on in.

When I was eating the cone, my middle-aged nephew (he hates it when I call him that) asked me if he should be worrying about me going into a diabetic coma. I had to remind him that it was not I who is a diabetic but rather he, himself. I found that really hilarious. I do have some cholesterol troubles, but I've managed to control my sugar levels and blood pressure readings by watching and choosing and eating my "bad foods" in moderation.

Lord Jesus, I thank you for your help in getting me through these 40 days while keeping my Lenten promise to you. My own fast was so minor compared to yours but still it gave me a feeling of walking beside you. I thank you for that.

No comments: