Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Prayer is Sometimes All We Can Offer

Another day is done and I am still upright, still have food to eat and a place to sleep. I am blessed.

This is especially apparent to me knowing what many of my friends are facing.

I have one friend who is trying to take care of her mother (who is in her 80s) while they both live in different apartments and my friend has no car and must deal with many other issues as well. She is exhausted. Hold her in your heart and prayers, please?

You've all seen me mention others I know who need your prayers as well.
We each know folks in these situations. Most of the time, we are at a loss for words.

Prayers are often all we can offer.

Prayers are what we truly must offer.

Lord Jesus, this is all I ask tonight, that we each pray for those we know who are worse off than we are, that we hold them in our hearts and souls, and that we ask you to glance their way, and with a single thought, bring them peace and comfort and strength.

No comments: