Saturday, May 14, 2016

It's Been a Happily Busy Week

It truly has been quite a week, but happily so. In the midst of it all, I managed to finish an Etsy order for one of my Class Reunion Reports and a crocheted Rustic Wall Cross. The buyer for the cross wanted it longer than usual and I was worried that I couldn't get it to work, but I did, and am shipping tomorrow.

And a neighbor wants a pair of hanging towels to give as a gift to some friends. I had to hunt down the right "theme" for these (roosters) but I managed to find them, and they are almost finished.
None of this adds up to a lot, not even $50 total, but for me, that's gas for the car and litter and cat food and such. That's a good thing.

We received two small yarn donations which I took to our team on Friday and we divided it up.

I did a lot of food prep this past week. I picked up some fresh fruit and veggies at the 99-cent store. It's a lot cheaper but more work than getting already-canned or packed foods. Still, it was worth the little time I had to put in.

There was a really big seedless watermelon, almost as big as a normal one. By the time I cut off the rind, and then cut it into bite-size pieces, usually 1-inch chunks, I filled seven 2-pound deli containers. I'm munching happily on them each day.

I had also grabbed a fresh pineapple and have enjoyed tossing pieces of that into various things.

My only trouble with lengthy food prep sessions is when I must stand longer than 10 or 15 minutes. I have flat feet and even with arch-inserts, I pay for it a bit when I stand too long at the counter. I've tried stools or sitting at a table. The stool is really uncomfortable. I find I'm better off standing at the counter alongside the sink. So I just make sure to take a few steps off and on, to move those feet.

When I began to work on the towels (I'm not quite finished with those), I realized that my own supply at home, for my own use, is down to less than half a dozen. I keep forgetting to make myself some. So I rummaged through my stash and found a few, and I'm doing them all together. I've got a dozen in progress. I cut them one day. The next day, I roll the raw edge about 1/4-inch and baste them all. The next session is to put a blanket stitch edge over the basting, and this gives me the basis to begin crocheting. Today, I'm ready now to start the crocheting. I should end up with a few for my emergency-gift stash, out of this batch.

Anyhow, it's been a little of this and a little of that. I even did a little de-cluttering because one of our local charities was scheduled for a pick-up in our park on Thursday. That gave me the motivation to find enough to make it worth their stopping at my place.

All in all, it wasn't a bad week. I got some things done that I'd planned, and wasn't able to get to others, but it worked out nicely.

No comments: