Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Busy Days but Good Ones



I've been busy this past week or so. 

The bee-technician was here and confirmed I have no hives on my lot. 

The mobile-home-repair contractor, who did my roof coating a couple weeks ago, was here to check for possible under-the-home leaks. He said I'm okay for now but will send an estimate, which I asked for, for the re-piping under the house, should it come to that. 

I'm working on the monthly newsletter this week. 

And I'm working on a pair of men's crocheted slippers for a park neighbor's order and on a dozen button-face angels for a friend for her order. 

This morning, I decided to try some more Sun Tea outside - it's cool here, in the 50s mostly this week in the daytime, and I'm not sure it will "brew" but I need to find out - I love the sun tea- no bitterness, and a gentle delicious soothing flavor. I often use that to heat in the microwave for some quick hot tea, as well.

I'm trying a slow-cooker apple cake for the first time today. It's cooking now in the crock pot. I did add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup dried cranberries. The slight liquid in the dried berries should offset the dryness of the nuts and not change texture or anything - I also sprinkled a little cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg - will let you know how it comes out - can't wait - should be smelling it very soon!

And tonight while I am sleeping, I will be slow cooking another batch of pea soup with a really meaty ham bone and it will be ready when I get up in the morning.


No comments: