Monday, July 6, 2015

Jesus, Our Protection in Bad Weather

We just had what my brother and his wife in the high desert in CA would call a "gully washer." In fact, the little gutters in our senior mobile home park are a rushing torrent. Thankfully, our community is built on a downward grade, gently so, and all the water runs down into the cross-street in front of one of the sides of the community.

I jumped into my filthy, dirty, scuzzy ol' car and rode around and around in here while it was teeming down. My car is so squeaky clean now.

In the midst of this, I found myself, as usual, praying for others in here. 

Many are on oxygen, or need nebulizer treatments every so many hours, or need their charged power chairs and scooters to get around in their home. If power goes out, they are in a predicament. Even getting caught while your powered lift-chair has you stretched out can be a dilemma.

So I pray, at times like this, to Jesus himself - to the man who walked on water - to the man who calmed the sea. It is a comforting thought to know I turned it over to him and trust that he will watch over us.

Sweet Lord Jesus, as always, I come to you in bad weather. I know that there are times that things will not go according to my plans, but if it doesn't go against the Father's will, please protect and have mercy on everyone and every home in this community.

2 comments:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Yes, we had some bad weather tonight...lots of rain and a couple of tornados were sighted North of us. Always kind of scary. I made Evies parmesan zucchini tonight....so good, thanks for the idea....think I will be making my zucchini that way for now on.

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Thanks for the comment - we are expecting more of the same weather late today - that recipe? At my age, I look for easy and quick but good (lol) - that one works for me, for sure - Hugs. Evie