Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Great Day to be Here



I felt the urge to post tonight but I wasn't sure what to write about.

I spent an hour or so with a friend/neighbor in the hospital today. When I came home, I had lunch and watched a nature/animal documentary on a VHS tape (I quit contract TV a while back) and I planned to nap after I finished lunch. The tape was so interesting I sat up and worked a while on a prayer cover (a large lap cover for a local hospice). Then I came in to the computer and generated a Class Reunion Report to fulfill an Etsy order. At first, I couldn't see why I had this urge to do a Prayer post.

Now I know the reason.

This friend in the hospital - we've been in the same mobile home park for 14 years but only became close just before my nephew died, almost two years ago. I am so thankful I had the chance to know her. She has a great sense of humor; she lives close by. We have similar interests but enough differences to keep the friendship interesting. She's a little older than me so she's like a big sis. I am grateful for her friendship. I stayed away from "friendships" for a while because I was still in process of missing my sis and a dear long-time family friend.

Then I realized I am also grateful to dear old friends, now in another state and facing grave medical issues. Before they left here, they gave me a few milk crates filled with VHS tapes, one of which was the one I watched today. The tape filled my need for distraction and their friendship, though long-distance now, fills another need. I miss them and I am worried about them and I am so glad I had a chance to get to know them.

The lap cover I'm working on is larger than a lap cover. It will actually be about 36x48, just enough to lie atop a twin bed or hospital bed but not lap over. I'm using up lots of scrap yarn. It has lots of color changes which are becoming great-looking stripes in a color family. I am grateful, therefore, that I can still work with my hands and that this work can bring comfort to others. I am further grateful for the yarn I've received especially for these charity projects.

Working on that Etsy order made me realize that even though I can't make a living off of my Etsy store (far from it), I am making enough to pay the fees and when $10 comes in, it's just what I need at that moment for something like cat food, gas for the car, laundry detergent.

Overall, I am glad I began this post. I have so very many things to be thankful for and I want the world to know who I have to thank for those blessings.

Sweet Lord Jesus, thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for spending time here on earth and therefore understanding what we are all, each and every one of us, going through. Thank you for your sacrifice, and for your love. This was a great day.

No comments: