Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Dead Bodies on the Rugs



Silkie The Huntress 
MainPage>I think I picked up a dead body tonight. 

Silkie was outside for a while and when she came in and I went to shut the pantry door. I was crossing the rug where it touches the pantry’s linoleum. I noticed something on the ground and I thought it was a piece of a beige leaf. I picked it up and it was cool and damp. And it looked like it might have once had a head. I tossed it out the back door - fast.

I think it was just a mangled moth - a now-wingless mangled beige moth. Poor thing. 

But why, oh why, doesn’t she at least put these things on the linoleum? I hate when our fur babies bring us their victims and place them on the rugs instead of on tile or linoleum - something easily washable.

At least it’s not as bad as what her predecessor, Tigger, used to bring. Lizards - birds - and then chew off their heads in front of me on the rug. 

Moth bodies are far more preferable, if there is such a thing.  

No comments: