Sunday, December 14, 2014

Thank you, Lord! Eye worries relieved...



I have been concerned, and praying about it, since yesterday morning. My post-op (after cataract surgery) eye became red in the corner yesterday morning, and it seemed to be spreading. By last night, I saw some red in the corner of the other eye, as well. I babied the eyes and prayed - a lot. I planned, if anything seemed worse, to call the surgeon early tomorrow morning.

Then, again after praying last night before bed, this morning, I took a look. Still red in the corners of both eyes, and the “new” eye beginning to look a bit bloodshot.

Something made me check the internet. 

Hallelujah! Not one, but several sites, said this is normal after that surgery. I never take the advice of just one source online - that would be foolish. But several comments were from offices that performed that kind of surgery.

Apparently, it is residual bleeding from the surgery and takes its time working itself out afterwards. Some folks even reported some as long as months later, so I am relieved. I will be a very good girl, and keep on with the hysterically-funny schedule of eye drops (amazingly complex schedule). All comments mention that the drops are important to safe and sure healing.

I looked the drops up online when I first came home after surgery. Basically they are antibiotics and pain/swelling treatments. 

One thing the comments all mention is that this lack of concern does not apply if there is pain, discomfort, or seeping or excessive weeping. In my case, none of these are present. Great news.

So, my friends, my prayers were answered in that I am no longer worried about this. Odd, though - nobody I know ever mentioned bloodshot eyes afterwards - it would have saved me a lot of concern. I guess that’s why I’m passing this along to all of you!

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for hearing my prayers. And thank you for helping me to help others so that they will not be worried if this happens to them. <./ItemPage>

2 comments:

Evelyn Mayfield said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evelyn Mayfield said...

I'm still laughing at myself for being so stupid I didn't recognize bloodshot eyes!

Shoot, I'm 75, and have been sober for 39 years as of 1/1/15 and I never had bloodshot eyes even during my 17 years of being drunk in my 20s and 30s (hangovers galore, for sure, but not bloodshot eyes)!