Thursday, December 18, 2014

Heavenly Help - Always and All-ways!



I am always surprised by the way my prayers get answered. I know it shouldn’t surprise me, but it does. 

Last night before I went to bed, I had a list of things to do today that defied the number of minutes in the day. In fact, I was still awake praying about solutions, and feeling a bit worried, at 1:30 a.m. and that is very, very rare for me. I am almost never still “up” after midnight, and usually not after eleven. In return, I’m always up between 5 and 6 in the morning.

To fall asleep when I am not able to, even though it is rare, I resort to routine prayers. I pick a prayer or a bible verse that I like and I repeat it over and over. Somehow, that always works. It lulls me to sleep.

When I awoke, I decided to take on the worst of the projects/tasks first. This is something I learned in high school when a nun taught me a valuable life’s lesson. If I hate the thought of doing something, I just do it and get it over with, whenever possible. And with tasks I don’t want to do, I take the worst and get it out of the way. 

Anyway, by Noon, I was almost half done with my day’s projects. I could see that I might actually be able to take care of it all without undue stress.

At this point, tonight, I have finished everything that worried me last night, and I even had an hour to spare. I enjoyed watching a VHS tape to celebrate. 

Father in Heaven and Lord Jesus, why do I worry at times when I know you always take care of my needs and concerns? True, I don’t obsess over these things, but even the little worrying I do is not necessary, and you’ve proven that to me yet again. Thank you for being there - always and all-ways! 

No comments: