Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Things I’m Working On



This time of year, all crafters are busy. 

This week, I’m finishing up an order for a local friend - 100 of my plastic canvas ribbon crosses. I promised they would be completed before Thanksgiving.

After that, I immediately begin on a dozen of my little Christian acronym mini-signs for another friend. These do not need to be ready until mid-December, but there are reasons I need to finish them before 11/29.

On 11/30, I begin 3 days of pre-Op eye drops (4x a day); on 12/3, I have my first cataract surgery, followed by a week of steady eye drops. I’m not sure how easy it will be do to very close, fine work during that time, so I’m playing it safe and having these done early.

During my recovery, I’ll work on things that are easier to see and feel - some gifts for local friends, gifts for our Charity Crafting team, for my senior mobile home community newsletter delivery team - that type of project.

During this time, I can also easily work on charity crafting projects like hats, scarves, gloves for the homeless, things for needy new moms, and prayer shawls and prayer lap covers.

I’d love to also be making more things for my Etsy shop, but even I have my limits. Still, I am so happy to be able to work with my hands - I love when a project is finished and turns out exactly as I had hoped it would do.

Every year, I promise myself I’ll begin, in January, to craft and build a stash of little things to have ready at year end. Every year, I remember my goal and my resolve sometime just before Christmas.

I’m sure you all know exactly what I mean; I’m sure you are all in the same boat.

No comments: