Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ending the Day Very Grateful



I’m finishing this day feeling very grateful. I’ve noticed a leak under my car’s engine area for a few weeks now but wasn’t sure I could afford to fix it. An oil leak in a car as old as mine (’01) usually involves the old engine itself.

I finally prayed a bit on it and took it over this morning. I figured I ought to at least find out what I was facing and then I could pray about being able to handle the repair.

Well, it turned out to be far less worrisome than I first figured. It did cost me more than I felt I could handle, but still far less than it might have. That’s because it was only two very old heater hoses and the leak wasn’t oil - it was from the radiator. In fact, my water level was very low. The Lord apparently urged me in there today barely in time. These hoses are for a car no longer being manufactured and these two, in particular, had to come from the dealer who used to handle this make.

So, the worst of my fears is over. It was not the engine. I managed to pay for it. The car actually sounds better than it has the past few weeks. In a day or so, I’ll clear that liquid off the driveway. It will be nice to see that drive dry for a change. And I can once again, at least for the time being, drive without fear or concern. With a car this old, that feeling probably won’t last for long. But the Lord has my back, and once again, has come through for me.

Folks who are a "cup half empty" type would be grumbling over paying for a repair. I don't see it that way. I see it as great timing, a blessing because I caught it before it was too late. Personally, I hate being stuck with a disabled car while I'm out doing errands and such, and that could have easily happened if I had waited much longer. Yes, I have road service, but I still hate needing to wait for them and dealing with that inconvenience. Yep, the timing was just right.

Father, thank you for urging me to get in there today. And thank you for what is basically a minor repair compared with what I feared it would be. Please continue to watch over me, and I will try to live up to your plans for me, in return.  

No comments: